- 4 bell peppers
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice (you can use white rice, quinoa, or couscous)
- 1 1/2 cups veggie burger crumbles
- 1 medium to large onion (diced)
- Tops of bell peppers (diced)
- 4-6 mushrooms (chopped up)
- 1/2 of a large can of corn
- 1/2 large can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup pasta sauce (whatever your favorite is, and you can add more o
- r less to your taste)
- 4 tsp. nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
- Pepper to taste
- Slice the tops off of the bell pepper, and remove the seeds from inside. Chop up any usable part of the top and set aside.
- Boil a pot of salted water, put the peppers in, and cover. Reduce to a simmer and let cook for 5 to 7 minutes, then remove and carefully drain the water.
- While pepper are simmering, in a large pan saute onion and chopped up peppers in a little bit of oil, until the onion softens a bit.
- Then add in the mushrooms and saute for a minute or two.
- Then add in veggie burger cumbles and saute for a few more minutes.
- Then transfer to a large bowl, add in pasta sauce, rice, corn, diced tomatoes, nutritional yeast (if using), and spices.
- Mix it all up really well, then stuff into peppers.
- Place peppers in a glass dish and place filled peppers in it, pop it in the oven, and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour. Then you can snack on the leftover filling while you’re waiting for it to cook! = )
Preparation time: 15 to 20 minutes
Cooking time: 45 to 60 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 4